.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

December 27, 2006

 

Die Rolling Program

I finished my first complex NXT programming project tonight. I wrote it with NXT-G -- the programming environment that comes with the NXT.

It rolls a die randomly, and draws it on the screen, as you can (sort of) see in the picture to the right.

The main program ("Draw Die Test") just chooses a random number from 1 to 6, and then calls a "My Block" called "Draw Die" to (drumroll, please) draw the die. This is the most complex code because there are seven different "spot" position that make up the various die drawings. I actually pretend like there are nine, not seven, so I can do computations assuming a three-by-three grid, numbered from zero to eight. Spots one and seven are never used.

Not quite as complicated, but still using a number of math functions is the "Draw Die Spot" block. It draws just one little circle, in one of the nine positions.

Finally, there is no built-in modulo division function (% to C-language programmers), so I had to steal write a block for that. It's called "Mod".

You can dowload the program here. If you have any questions, please post a comment.

Update: As of 1/8/08, the folder is still not public on BrickShelf.
You can download the four necessary programs here, here, here and here!

Comments:
I tryed to view your program, but I think the "Draw_Die" subprogram is missing.
 
Oops! I'll put the My Blocks up there too. Didn't think I had to do that. Can you run it without those, but just not view the My Blocks?

Please contact me by e-mail - see my contact info up in the same place...
 
I can't run your program, only I can view the main program.
I don't know where is your e-mail.
I can't see your profile.
I think your profile is not available.
 
My contact info will be up at the same place as the program when they make the folder public.

Check your youtube inbox...
 
OK, thank you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?